Launching a church is one of the most exciting things I have ever done. It is a ton of fun getting to start a church from scratch with people who are completely committed to the mission and vision. Everyone is set on the same course and has a huge opportunity to make an impact in a specific community. Below are ten reasons to join a church planting team.
Top 10 Reasons to Join a Launch Team:
1. If you want to see Jesus do something new and are tired of the “norm.”
2. If you dream of being part of something bigger than yourself.
3. If you want to get into the battle for the kingdom of God.
4. If you feel a consistant urge to see people who don’t know Jesus come to know Him and you believe church planting is the best way for the gospel to spread.
5. If you want to give your time, talents, and talents to starting something new and you are willing to make sacrifices to see a mission to succeed.
6. If you fully support the mission, visions, and leadership of the church plant.
7. If you want your faith to grow and you want God to challenge your faith and change your life.
8. If you want to care for your city on a deeper level.
9. If you want to watch God move in ways you never thought possible and you want an adventure (with all it’s frustration and risk).
10. If you’re not scared to rest your life on Matthew 16:18 (Jesus said … “upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it”).
Question: which one of these get you excited about planting a church?
Later this week I will write about 10 Reasons not to Join Launch Team