Yesterday was a great day at Courageous Church. I am so thankful God has called me to lead this church. I can’t imagine anywhere else better to be on the planet.
- We continued out second week of The Walking Dead.
- The worship team lead a killer set of worship. It has been powerful to watch them grow every week as they get more and more comfortable playing together. In case I haven’t said it before….I love the song… Nothing is Impossible!
- I preached out of Ezekiel 37 about the dry bones.
- We all have a serious problem both personally as individuals and the church of spiritual dryness (Ezekiel 37:2). You are either there not, have been there, or will be there. Count on it!
- Condition of many Churches: Church should be important but the Church is impotent. Church Impotents is possessing the equipment but lacking the desire to perform.
- The only remedy for this is two things. The Word of God and the Spirit of God. (Ezekiel 37:4-9) Reason many people have become try is because they have put the bread of life on the shelf. The issue is this bread doesn’t dry out, we dry out. We need fresh bread every day. Jesus said he was the bread of life (John 6:48-51). For this reason we will preach bold messages and call for bold decisions. We don’t want to be an impotent church. But, we also need the spirit of God to be active in our lives. This is necessary to have try life. The valley of bones didn’t truly come alive until the spirit moved into their lives. They were just body’s without breath. We need to breath of God in us to live. (John 6:63)
- Thank God he doesn’t see us as a valley of dry bones but an army of potentiel (Ezekiel 37:10).
- We have access the the remedy for our dryness. We just need to live in it! God call us to be a movement not a museum.
- We had 114 yesterday!!! By the way in case you missed it. We had 137 last week (Easter). 3 more then our launch sunday in September. That is awesome!!!!These are exciting times!
- Continue to pray that God we will faithfully disciple the people that God is bringing our ways and that we will all take an active role in making disciples.
I am so thankful for Courageous Church and the people that God is bringing every week. Lives are truly being changed! Let’s keeping living out our mission to make Jesus known one live at a time!