Here are just a few things I believe make a great team player in any orginization.
1. Praises go down. – spread the praises/wins to the people throughout the orginization.
2. Problems go up. – go to the person you have a problem with not to the others to bask in your anger/frustration/issue
3. Believe the best about each other. – Give others the benefit of the doubt. Defend one another. Protect one another. Believe in each other. Care for each other.
4. Talk to one another. – Make sure when you ask to meet with people it is not always for bad reasons. We need to communicate and develop realationships with the other people on our team. A good rule of thumb is to make sure you are communication as much or more about the positive so it never out underweighs the negative. good > bad. If bad keeps coming up the problem might not be them but it might be your expectations of them.
5. Move on – Don’t get caught up rehashing the past. Deal with it and move on. Don’t hang the past over their heads for the next time. Seek understanding, forgive, and move on.
We need to make every effort to hold protect unity amongest the team. This doesn’t mean we never disuss or disagree. It just means at the end of the day we walk in unity.